Loyalty is the measure of a population's obedience to the player's government.
Factors affecting loyalty
- Loyalty is assigned for territories during map/scenario creation
- Loyalty does not change except in cases of of Unification votes
Effects of loyalty
- Production efficiency
- Newly-captured territory is 67% as productive as regular territory
- Partisans may appear in the territories of countries that have not been eliminated
Loyalty in Map Design
- Loyalty is painted into the base map (MAPX) file
- In most cases, loyalty and ownership are identical
Cache Creation Considerations:
- When regions are grouped, both ownership and loyalty are grouped into the 'parent' region
- To prevent loyalty grouping, the regions must not be grouped as part of the CVP/REGIONINCL files. Instead, a Day 0 scripted event must be added to surrender the region, excluding loyalty, to the parent region.
- South Ossetia / Abkhazia