A: This happens if a corrupted or invalid CD Key is detected. This could have happened due to a previous installation of SR2020 that was not fully uninstalled.
Solution in Systems not running Windows Vista:
- Uninstall (using either the 'Uninstall' option in the the Supreme Ruler 2020 Windows Program menu, or through the Add/Remove Programs option in the control panel.
- Do a full re-installation.
- Check for Updates to make sure you are running the most recent version, or if you have already downloaded the most recent update then run the Update file.
Alternately, you could do the Solution listed below for systems with Vista.
Solution in Systems running Windows Vista:
Unfortunately Vista can keep certain corrupted registry entries even after a full uninstall. To eliminate these entries, you should run the following procedure:
- Make sure you have Updated to version 5.4.1 or later (the most recent update).
- Start any Scenario or Campaign.
- In the game, press CTRL-SHIFT-S to get up the Games setting screen.
- In the text box at the bottom of the popup, type: cheat allowcheats
- In the text box at the bottom of the popup, type: cleanreg
- Quit to desktop, and re-run the game. It will ask you to re-enter your CD Key.